Saturday, January 23, 2010

December 30, 2009

Well this week was pretty awesome!! it was probably one of the best and probably most memorable week in my mission so far!! I had a lot of cool experiences!! But first of all, sorry I don’t know how to talk in English anymore. But it was good to talk to you all! Hopefully you all had a good Christmas. Oh and I opened up a present on Sunday so I guess that probably means I won the game and opened up the last Christmas present of the year huh? Haha well I guess I will tell you guys all about my week since Christmas. Well Christmas was weird. It was just like another day except I talked to you guys on the phone or at least tried to talk to you guys ha. But then we had a division that night and I went to a city called Itupeva. Nothing good happened there to celebrate Christmas or anything. When I first got there we went to go take my stuff to their house(clothes and stuff). Then it started to rain. I didn’t have an umbrella. I have never seen rain come down so hard!!! It was terrible haah. It was only terrible because my scriptures got all wet again!!! And I really don’t like that at all!!!!! They still haven’t dried up ha-ha. But then I just waited as the elder I was with called his family. Then we went to the grocery store. That wasn’t too great. There were a lot of cross dressed people in that grocery store!!! Like 15 men dressed as women. Haha so pretty much it was a different Christmas than the Christmas in Idaho haha. But then on Saturday we baptized Alsino and Marlene. Their son already was baptized. Marlene has a broken leg and can’t bend it at all. She has to use a walker. She is also a bigger woman. Well elder Mendes preformed Alsino's baptism and the were three of us that helped with the other baptism. I did the ordination though. Also, there was only the ward mission leader and the bishop there at the baptism. So it was really small. But it was pretty cool. She was so scared to go in the water. (she is also scared of drowning). But afterwards she liked it a ton!!

We had a few miracles happen on Sunday!! First off we needed 4 more people to go to church to earn the mission’s goal for the week. We were praying and then at the end of the second class, 4 people walked in!!! Then in sacrament I preformed my first confirmation!! I was really nervous but I said everything right haha. Then we had another really sacred experience.

About 2 weeks ago, Elder Mendes was walking and he passed a man and woman and then after walking about 30 feet he felt like he should go back and talk to them. He gave them a pamphlet that talks about the restoration. Then he forgot about it. Then this week we were walking by their house and decided to go there. She came to the door and said her husband had been murdered 8 days earlier. We taught her the plan of salvation and she liked it a lot and is preparing to be baptized on the 16th. She also said that her husband read the pamphlet and was saying how much he liked it and that he wanted to go visit this church. I definitely feel like he already accepted the gospel on the other side and is praying for her help now. It is pretty sad. But we are definitely helping out a family!! But it was an awesome experience that I wont ever forget.

Also I am learning a ton with Elder Mendes. He teaches really good!! One of the best in the mission. I am glad I am with him now. But I think I might be here by mistake haha. because they always put the missionaries with him and the other zone leaders that aren’t qualified yet... well on Monday the assistants called to ask how our zone is doing. Elder Mendes said that there are some missionaries getting close to finishing up their qualifications. So the assistant asked how I am doing with my qualification!!! Elder Castleton never gave them the paper saying that I qualified!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So I think that because of this I am here as a junior and was a junior with elder Paillo and not even co-senior with him. I never understood why I wasn’t co-senior with him. And I didn’t know why they put me with a zone leader. haha but now, president probably thinks I am really lazy cuz I still haven’t qualified in my fifth transfer when really I qualified really quick for an American learning the language!!!! Kind of frustrating!!! But oh well I guess haha.

Well this week was pretty good. It rains every single day without stop but that is all right ha. It is still good haha. Well I will talk to you later!! Hope you all have a good new years!!! Love you! Tchau!

Love,

Elder Long

No comments:

Post a Comment